Chai Energy provides the first-ever digital and truly personal energy advisor built on top of a customer’s own energy data. Chai’s personal energy experience is powered by the data captured from over 50 million smart electric meters installed by utility companies throughout the US. In making energy-decisions simple for customers Chai is easing the adoption of energy efficient products, distributed generation resources, time-based electricity pricing, and other products aimed at mitigating the negative impact of our electric grid.
ABOUT CHAI ENERGY
Chai Energy is a venture-backed clean energy technology startup with offices in Eagle Rock and downtown Los Angeles at the LA Cleantech Incubator. The free Chai mobile app requires expertise in data analysis, machine learning, energy markets, efficiency programs, and enterprise engineering. The company was started by Caltech graduates and former utility employees looking to build a fundamentally better and more personal consumer energy-experience.
Senior Software Developer and Lead Architect, Los Angeles
Chai Energy is seeking senior software developers and architects to help us give customers the power to understand their homes and energy waste. Chai Energy’s mobile iOS app is tasked with boiling down complex energy reports into a simple, easy to use, and fun mobile experience that gives customers an understanding of their electric bill. Chai receives data from each of its customers every couple second and must very rapidly run that data through various analytic engines, store that data, transform that data, and all around make it useful to the user. Chai is looking for an experienced architect who can not only guide and motivate the dev team but can also get down and dirty with the code to get product built.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- 5+ years of full time web development or full stack experience.
- 3+ years of Python experience.
- Strong grasp of API construction and maintenance best practices
- Strong grasp of database schema and optimization best practices
- An understanding of Postgres and Cassandra
- Well rounded knowledge of and dedication to testing and documentation best practices
- Experiencing in coordinating, leading, and guiding a complex development project across a team
- Great problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in designing and building complex applications from the ground up
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or an inhuman ability for self-learning
- Android (Java)
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Jenkins for automated builds
Send Resumes To:
Updated December 2016
Please send your resume to Jobs@ChaiEnergy.net if you are interested in the position.Back to Job Listings