Chai Energy provides the first-ever digital and truly personal energy advisor built on top of a customer’s own energy data. Chai’s personal energy experience is powered by the data captured from over 50 million smart electric meters installed by utility companies throughout the US. In making energy-decisions simple for customers Chai is easing the adoption of energy efficient products, distributed generation resources, time-based electricity pricing, and other products aimed at mitigating the negative impact of our electric grid.
ABOUT CHAI ENERGY
Chai Energy is a venture-backed clean energy technology startup with offices in Eagle Rock and downtown Los Angeles at the LA Cleantech Incubator. The free Chai mobile app requires expertise in data analysis, machine learning, energy markets, efficiency programs, and enterprise engineering. The company was started by Caltech graduates and former utility employees looking to build a fundamentally better and more personal consumer energy-experience.
Lead Android Developer, Los Angeles
As our lead Android Developer you’ll be responsible for Chai Energy’s iOS client. Chai’s mobile app is built on top of the latest networking and visualization technology that mobile has to offer. You will be responsible for incorporating product, business strategy, usability, and architectural considerations into the mobile client. You will be working with the backend dev team, business strategy teams, testers, and designers to ensure the best possible experience
- Develop new features in the Chai mobile client including data visualization and energy insights
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies available in the Google ecosystem and develop a strategy on their applicability to Chai
- Maintain the Chai mobile application including API changes, OS updates, and general code refactoring
- Drive product and design strategy from the ground level, ensuring product quality stays consistent and high
- Manage the build, deployment system in tandem with the quality assurance process
- Native Android development with Java 7/8 2+ years. You should know what lambdas and annotations are
- Experience with layout-based and code-based UI development; knowledge of Fragment lifecycle a plus
- Able to integrate third-party software; know when to write your own code vs extending something made elsewhere
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter, able to handle multiple simultaneous tasks
- Understanding of package management.
- iOS (Objective-C)
- RxJava, Retrofit experience
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Jenkins for automated builds
Send Resumes To:
Updated September 2016
Please send your resume to Jobs@ChaiEnergy.net if you are interested in the position.Back to Job Listings