Our Obligations and Rights
Chai will provide you:
- the Chai Gateway, which collects electricity usage data from your utility-installed smart meter, at a one-time charge determined at the time of purchase.
- the Chai Mobile App, which can be installed by you on all of your mobile devices, at no charge to you
- instructions on installing the Chai Gateway and the Chai Mobile App
- real-time monitoring of energy usage in your home
- feedback and instant updates about home appliance and electronic energy usage in your home, ways you are wasting energy and ways you can reduce your energy waste
- offers of products and services (“services”) from Chai and from third parties selected by us (“Partners”) intended to help you reduce energy usage and costs at your home.
We can cancel any or all of our Services with or without cause by giving you 72-hour notice on your mobile device.
Your Obligations and Rights
- You will authorize Chai to gather electricity use and other datasets to create customized energy-saving recommendations.
- You will authorize Chai to share non-personally identifiable information with our Partners and with your local electricity utility.
- You will authorize Chai to gather and obtain data on electricity usage at your home from your utility-installed smart meter and from your local electricity utility and you will complete the utility’s device registration request form for the Chai Gateway.
- You never have to purchase any product or service offered by Chai or its Partners – it’s always up to you
- You never have to participate in any energy efficiency or demand response program – it’s always up to you
- You can always cancel this Customer Agreement, and the Terms, with or without cause by giving Chai 72-hour notice and Chai will delete your Data from Chai’s system