Chai Energy provides the first-ever digital and truly personal energy advisor built on top of a customer’s own energy data. Chai’s personal energy experience is powered by the data captured from over 50 million smart electric meters installed by utility companies throughout the US. In making energy-decisions simple for customers Chai is easing the adoption of energy efficient products, distributed generation resources, time-based electricity pricing, and other products aimed at mitigating the negative impact of our electric grid.
ABOUT CHAI ENERGY
Chai Energy is a venture-backed clean energy technology startup with offices in Eagle Rock and downtown Los Angeles at the LA Cleantech Incubator. The free Chai mobile app requires expertise in data analysis, machine learning, energy markets, efficiency programs, and enterprise engineering. The company was started by Caltech graduates and former utility employees looking to build a fundamentally better and more personal consumer energy-experience.
Mobile iOS Developer intern, Los Angeles
As an iOS Developer intern you’ll support Chai Energy’s iOS client. Chai’s mobile app is built on top of the latest networking and visualization technology that mobile has to offer. You will help with the product vision, business strategy, usability, and architectural considerations into the mobile client. You will be working with our lead mobile developer, the backend dev team, business strategy teams, testers, and designers to ensure the best possible experience
- Develop new features in the Chai mobile client including data visualization and energy insights
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies available in the Apple ecosystem and develop a strategy on their applicability to Chai
- Maintain the Chai mobile application including API changes, OS updates, and general code refactoring
- Drive product and design strategy from the ground level, ensuring product quality stays consistent and high
- Manage the build, deployment system in tandem with the quality assurance process
- Objective-C 1+ years (our app does not use Swift; if you are a Swift-only developer, this position is NOT for you)
- UITableviews, UICollectionviews, AFNetworking, and layer animations
- Able to integrate third-party software; know when to write your own code vs extending something made elsewhere
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter, able to handle multiple simultaneous tasks
- Cocoapods and and understanding of package management.
- Android (Java)
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Jenkins for automated builds
Send Resumes To:
Updated December 2016
Please send your resume to Jobs@ChaiEnergy.net if you are interested in the position.Back to Job Listings