Need to get your Chai Gateway connected to your meter? These instructions are for Southern California Edison utility customers only.
1. Login to your utility account by clicking here.
2. Tap ‘Device Management’, pick the account you would like to connect to Chai Pro, type in your Device ID, and click ‘Next’ (Note: You will need to add a colon : every two digits — i.e. XX:XX:XX:XX)
2.b. Find your Device ID and Install Code on the small silver sticker located on the back of your Chai Pro Smart Energy Gateway. (Note: The picture displayed below is an example, please do not attempt to register these numbers.)
3. Fill in the following:
- Install Code: Found on the small silver sticker on the back of your Chai Pro gateway under ‘IC’. *Please ignore the larger square sticker above this sticker.
- Device Type: GATEWAY
- Manufacturer: Chai Energy *This will not be available in the drop-down list, you must click the field and type it.
- Model: GW357 *This will not be available in the drop-down list, you must click the field and type it.
4. Then agree to the terms and conditions and click “Register Device”
Please allow for up to an hour for the device to connect. If the device is not connecting then please unplug your power for 10-15 seconds and plug it back in. If things are not working from there please contact us at Support@ChaiEnergy.com.